Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Birthday

There have been a few requests for a post about how my birthday turned out. I do have to say that it was the best birthday I've ever had. And since most of it was a surprise to me I'm sad to say that there are no pictures. Still Keith did a super, fantastic job making me feel special.

I got to sleep in which is always a nice way to start off any day although, I was a bit puzzled at the lack of a nice homemade breakfast which has been the norm in years past. I was able to open a couple of presents pretty early on thanks to the anxiousness of the kids and received a gorgeous pair of earrings and a new addition for my Christmas Village, which is also an expected surprise for my birthdays. It's a surprise because I never really know what the new piece will be and this year I got the Post Office I'd been eyeing.

Then we put things in high gear to get ready to go out for a Birthday lunch, just the 6 of us, at Brick Oven, YUM! The rush supposedly was to get done eating by noon when Keith had something planned for me. As we entered one of the banquet rooms I was met with about 20 of our family members minus my sisters who couldn't come because of the snow. There was presents, a huge chocolate cake, awesome food. But the surprises weren't over.

We had been planning to attend Keith's work party that night at the Grand America Hotel up in SLC (see pic below). The rest of my surprise was then given to me by my sneaky yet so wonderful husband. We weren't just attending the party, but were staying overnight at the hotel (very fancy) and he had arranged for a sitter for the kids, a substitute for my Sunbeam class and had talked to the Primary President to reschedule my week to do sharing time. Who could ask for more?!?

But there was more!! Keith had also been able to acquire tickets to the Christmas, Music and the Spoken Word for the next morning. It has to be my favorite part. Because it was the Holiday version, it was in the Conference Center and we had great seats. Even President Monson was in attendance which made it even more special. We had a wonderful time.

Thanks to all of my family who battled the snowstorm to come and surprise me with lunch and for keeping it a secret, that had to be hard. Most of all, thanks to my bestest friend and husband for giving me a great day! It was so amazing to actually have some alone time and to get to dress up again, just like our first date! I love you!

5 comments:

Prelly said...

Man those Braithwaite's make awesome husbands! You had a rockin' B-Day!

Hayley said...

Sounds like so much fun! We had to skip Clay's work Christmas party because it was a cocktail party! (You don't see a lot of pregnant Mormon women at those, for some reason. ;)) Way to go, Keith!

j- said...

How totally fun!! I am gonna have to have Jim read this post!!

We stayed at the Grand America last year for our Anniversary and I have to say ti was by far the swankiest hotel I've ever been in, it was only through Jim's work that we could do it!! How totally fun!!

Becky Rasmussen said...

Hooray for terrific husband's who honor their fantastic women!!! Happy Birthday, Sammie. I'm dreading the big 30 on Sunday. I really like my youthful twenties. Did you wake up with any new wrinkles?

Tiesha said...

Good job Keith! That sounds like you had a great birthday!