Wednesday, January 28, 2009

And Just Like That...

...we have no more binkies in our house! I can't believe how easy it was to get Claire to give up her binkie. In fact, I didn't do anything at all except for misplace all the spare ones we had floating around the house. Friday night it got to be bedtime and the only binkie we could locate was an old one that was nearly hard. She immediately spit it out saying "YUCKY" so we had to lay her down with only her blanket. Claire did not make a peep, no crying, yelling, anything. I was convinced she was just really tired because we had gone to Chuck E Cheese earlier where she ran around constantly with her cousins. But we tried it the next night with the same results and since then the only change in our night time routine has been her needing a drink. Believe me, I'll take a small drink before bed in exchange for being binkie free anyday. Not only that, but Claire has, of her own choice, used the potty twice this past week. Could it be that I'm actually approaching the finish line for all things baby? I can't decide if I should be sad or jump for joy and do a little dance!!!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Hooray! Potty using and binkie ditching are reasons for celebration, for sure! But watching them grow up is definitely bitter-sweet.

Jensen Family said...

Way to go Claire!

Tiffany and Mike said...

Jump for joy and do a little dance, but wait till I am there I want to see it :) ha ha.

Larissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Celebrate!