So, as Monday roles around I am once again sitting at home taking care of my family's dirty laundry. Having Monday as laundry day started back when Keith and I only had one car and Monday was the day he drove his carpool to work. Since I never made plans to do much on Monday's because of my lack of transportation, I dubbed that day laundry day. It's stuck with me to this very day only now with 4 kids, it's harder to get it done in one session. Lately Tuesday has become, finish the laundry day. However, today I realized how much more I like to laundry in the summer. The bulk of clothes is less and because the kids wear sandals, there are hardly any socks to fold (
Wahoo). I might actually get it all done by bedtime and won't have stacks of folded clothes still sitting on my bed when I want to go to sleep. I know this post is a bit odd, but all you wives and mothers out there will relate and hopefully sympathize. Have a good day to all you out there!!
4 comments:
I think laundry is so fun, I do it every day. I have quite a bit between Gunnar and my other 5 kids (that's Rob). Good job getting it done in one day! YOU ROCK!
So, true! My laundry day is Friday and if it's not done, it transfers to Monday. :o)
I can totally relate. But I hate laundry day. Mine is Tues. But this week it ended up on Wed. I'm usually still putting clothes away just so I can have an empty basket by the time laundry day hits again.
The older my kids get, the more laundry we have. Not because they get more things dirty, but because their clothes are so much bigger. BONUS though, cuz now that they're bigger, they can do their own laundry! So I do 1/2 once a week and Nicole does the other half on a different day. Now if I could just figure out the missing sock thing....
Post a Comment